[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 920: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 920: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3526: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2956)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3528: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2956)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3529: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2956)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3530: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2956)
SII Chat Room • View topic - Welcome to the SII Chat Room

Welcome to the SII Chat Room

Now that the Direct Appeal will finally see its first brief, many will want to discuss the contents of the briefs, their predictions for the CASC decision, and the decision itself. This forum is also open to other subjects related to this case. This is not, however, a multi-subject forum -- it's only to discuss Scott's case. Bring up other subjects ONLY if they have a direct bearing on Scott's case.
Forum rules
No swearing, profanity, or obscene language. If you can't stand to be told you are wrong or illogical or unreasonable, then this is not the place for you because it's absolutley certain that someone is going to think you are wrong or illogical or unreasonable. No one is sacrosanct -- however, harrassing other members will not be tolerated.

Welcome to the SII Chat Room

Postby marlene on Fri May 15, 2009 10:14 pm

Scott's mandatory direct appeal to the California Supreme Court is about to be filed. I anticipate many will want to read and discuss this brief, and the briefs that will follow, and then the subsequent decision.

The basic chat room rules are posted on each page of the forum. I want all who sign on as members to know that I am not going to take on the role of Mother, or Big Sister, or Protector. Serious subjects always incite serious disagreements, and there will be some punches thrown here and there. Don't be thin-skinned, roll with the punches. And check your sacred cows at the door. As strongly as you feel about one or more actors in this case, someone else feels just as strongly about others -- those you love, someone else hates; those you hate, someone else loves. You can't expect the privilege of freely expressing your opinion without being willing to grant that same privilege to those who disagree with you.

Every member will have the privilege of reporting posts that cross the line. I will be the final judge. Do not abuse this privilege, or you may find yourself the one that is outed.

Please keep these points in mind:

1. You must be 13 or over to use this forum. More importantly, you must ACT like you are 13 or over. :mrgreen:

2. I will approve each new registration. That's to prevent spam.

3. Keep a copy of valuable research on your own computer. I will not be backing up this forum. Do not expect to use this forum as storage for your research. Use your own computer.

4. Signatures are allowed, but keep them short, and please don't waste space saying your posts are your opinion. Of course they are. Whose else would they be? No pics or other graphics in signature lines.

5. Avatars are allowed, but must be small -- no bigger than the one I am using. And they must be PG-rated. Offending avatars will be removed.

6. Private messaging is disabled on this forum -- if you have something to say, say it publicly. It's up to you whether your email address is available to other members.

7. If another member just rubs you the wrong way, put them on Ignore. If you are being harrassed, report the posts.

8. Don't post any personal information that you would not want plastered all over the internet.

9. Only registered members can post on the forum, but the general public can read -- so again, don't post anything here that you wouldn't want plastered all over the internet.

10. You are solely responsible for the content of your posts. Only my posts reflect my opinions.
Imagination was given to us to compensate for what we are not; a sense of humor was given to us to console us for what we are. -Mark McGinnis
marlene
Site Admin

Re: Welcome to Marlene's Chat Room

Postby berlis on Sat May 16, 2009 2:30 pm

Congratulations Marlene!
How exciting that you are re-opening your forum with the site.
It has been a very long time, I look forward to chatting with you.
I will great to see some old familiar names as well!
berlis

Postby marlene on Sun May 17, 2009 11:31 am

Welcome back Berlis. It may take a while for others to start posting, but I hope many of the former members will rejoin and participate.
Imagination was given to us to compensate for what we are not; a sense of humor was given to us to console us for what we are. -Mark McGinnis
marlene
Site Admin

Postby newcreation on Sun May 17, 2009 5:18 pm

How exciting! I can't wait to hear from everyone again. I haven't kept up with the Scott Peterson case in a while :oops: , but I'm glad to see so many others have continued the fight. The old adage "the pen is mightier than the sword" certainly seems relevant in this case.
newcreation

Postby TxGirl461 on Sun May 17, 2009 7:37 pm

Hi, I am going to ease into this for now. Don't have much time right this minute, but thanks for opening this forum.
TxGirl461

Postby librasun on Sun May 17, 2009 9:06 pm

I am glad to see this forum opening as well...thanks Marlene!

I am looking forward to the on-going discussion for the Peterson case and anything else the members may want to engage in discussion about.

It will be great to see familiar names again.
librasun

Re: Welcome to the SII Chat Room

Postby 415guysf on Sun Jun 24, 2012 4:31 pm

Glad its back open..:)
415guysf

Postby marlene on Fri Jul 06, 2012 5:07 pm

Well, now we've got something to talk about, at least for a little while, and won't just be beating dead dogs.
marlene
Site Admin

Postby News247 on Sat Jul 07, 2012 5:30 am

haha, unless we can corner trimble :):) (joking!)
News247

Postby Kyle on Sun Jul 08, 2012 10:38 am

I see many familiar names here. It's been a long time. The Brief is not brief. It will take me a while to get through it. So glad this has finally happened.
Kyle

Return to Scott Peterson