[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 920: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 920: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3526: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2956)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3528: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2956)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3529: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2956)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3530: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2956)
SII Chat Room • View topic - Scott is Innocent

Scott is Innocent

Please briefly state the reason(s) you think Scott is guilty or innocent, or if you are still on the fence. Other members, DO NOT badger or demean anyone's position on this case. All opinions are valued here. There is plenty of opportunity on the other threads to discuss various opinions and argue against them -- JUST NOT HERE!
Forum rules
No swearing, profanity, or obscene language. If you can't stand to be told you are wrong or illogical or unreasonable, then this is not the place for you because it's absolutley certain that someone is going to think you are wrong or illogical or unreasonable. No one is sacrosanct -- however, harrassing other members will not be tolerated.

Re: Scott is Innocent

Postby JackIsBack on Mon May 25, 2009 1:29 pm

sadie wrote:This was his way of hoping Amber would not want to date him. Then he tried to convince her he did not want children beause he knew she did, but she still hounded him. Most women would not hang in a relationship like this. Why did Amber?

Yes.... what a dilemma Scott had (according to the prosecution)... he could have had a happy Laci or a moody Amber. He could raise his own child, or be stuck with Amber raising someone else's older child.

There is just no decision here... Laci wins Scott's heart hands down.... Amber was just a one nightstand that just happened at the wrong time for Scott and I bet he wished he could have shown more self control - he's paying a mighty big price right now for one lapse in judgement.
JackIsBack

Postby Hipcheck on Mon May 25, 2009 11:23 pm

JackIsBack wrote:Yes.... what a dilemma Scott had (according to the prosecution)... he could have had a happy Laci or a moody Amber. He could raise his own child, or be stuck with Amber raising someone else's older child.

Scott could have had a happy Laci if he chose not to cheat on her all the time. I believe Laci wasn't happy any more because of Scott's affairs and I believe she told him she wanted a divorce so he wouldn't be raising his child but paying big bucks for child support and since he didn't want to do that he murdered Laci like many husbands in that situation do.

And I never seen a moody Amber Frey.
Hipcheck

Postby Moolah on Mon May 25, 2009 11:38 pm

Other than Amber, Since they were married what other affairs did Scott have? I know they looked.. and there was some hints, but where are they and who are they?

Laci was happy, unhappy people do not have babies in a relationship.
Moolah

Postby marlene on Mon May 25, 2009 11:50 pm

Hipcheck wrote:
JackIsBack wrote:Yes.... what a dilemma Scott had (according to the prosecution)... he could have had a happy Laci or a moody Amber. He could raise his own child, or be stuck with Amber raising someone else's older child.

Scott could have had a happy Laci if he chose not to cheat on her all the time. I believe Laci wasn't happy any more because of Scott's affairs and I believe she told him she wanted a divorce so he wouldn't be raising his child but paying big bucks for child support and since he didn't want to do that he murdered Laci like many husbands in that situation do.

And I never seen a moody Amber Frey.

Hipcheck, that is a totally ridiculous statement, "like many husbands in that situation do." The few notorious cases do not represent "many husbands."

Just when did she tell him she wanted a divorce?
Imagination was given to us to compensate for what we are not; a sense of humor was given to us to console us for what we are. -Mark McGinnis
marlene
Site Admin

Postby Hipcheck on Tue May 26, 2009 10:59 am

Moolah wrote:Other than Amber, Since they were married what other affairs did Scott have? I know they looked.. and there was some hints, but where are they and who are they?

Don't you remember Scott telling Shawn Sibley that he was tired of all the one night stands he had been having?
Hipcheck

Postby marlene on Tue May 26, 2009 11:26 am

Hipcheck wrote:
Moolah wrote:Other than Amber, Since they were married what other affairs did Scott have? I know they looked.. and there was some hints, but where are they and who are they?

Don't you remember Scott telling Shawn Sibley that he was tired of all the one night stands he had been having?

No, I don't remember that -- I was never privy to any conversation between Scott and Shawn. I do recall Shawn testifying that Scott told her that.

She must have been embarrassed to admit, in public to millions of people, including the man who was her fiance at the time of the conversation and her husband at the time of the trial, how she talked sex with Scott. It embarrassed the other men that were in the group. I wonder how many of those sex positions the fiance knew about. :oops:

Don't you think if Scott had been having a lot of one-night stands, the State would have paraded them before the Court? there was a rumor that Scott was having an affair with one of Laci's best friends -- that wouldn't do well to admit, though.

But that's beside the point as far as Laci's happiness. If she didn't know it, it wouldn't affect her happiness. If she knew it, and stayed, then she was consenting to it.

Of course there is the theory that Laci was waiting until after the holidays to reveal to her family that she was oh so close to ( :roll: ) that she was getting a divorce because she didn't want to spoil Christmas for them. How courageous of her. Well, then, why did she spring it on Scott before Christmas? Wouldn't she think that was going to spoil Christmas for everyone? After all, she had just accepted an invitation to go over to her Mom's the next night. And she had a family brunch planned for Christmas Day. Who would want a surly husband around during those times?

Besides, she put out a lot of bucks to buy his Christmas present -- if I found out about an affair, and decided to get a divorce, I'd take back the christmas gift before I sprung it on the husband.

And why woould all that go down the night of the 23rd? I mean, she brought Scott along to her prenatal appt that day. She was with Scott getting his haircut by her sister. What do you suppose happened to bring it all out on the night of the 23rd? You think maybe Amber showed up?

And if it all came to a head on the night of the 23rd, then Scott didn't buy the boat so he could use it to dump her body in the Bay. In fact, Scott didn't do any of the premeditation that the State accused him of if it only came to a head on the night of the 23rd.
Imagination was given to us to compensate for what we are not; a sense of humor was given to us to console us for what we are. -Mark McGinnis
marlene
Site Admin

Postby Moolah on Tue May 26, 2009 11:49 am

I am Tickled she is over on TAC helping me out. My brain sure isnt as good as hers to the facts, and I can use all the help I can get. Especially with the Nancy Graces of that board.
Moolah

Postby JackIsBack on Wed May 27, 2009 9:44 am

Hipcheck wrote:And I never seen a moody Amber Frey.

Really? Amber always had a frown on... and people who are always frowning aren't very good company and aren't very good looking.
JackIsBack

Postby JackIsBack on Wed May 27, 2009 10:14 am

marlene wrote:And if it all came to a head on the night of the 23rd, then Scott didn't buy the boat so he could use it to dump her body in the Bay. In fact, Scott didn't do any of the premeditation that the State accused him of if it only came to a head on the night of the 23rd.

Yes... their (the states - prosecutions) story is just that... a nice fictional story and is more linked to their life experiences or thoughts then anything to do with Scott or the evidence in this case. It's absurd to think that Scott would purchase an asset like a boat for the sole purpose of killing his wife (or dumping the body)... it's almost as absurd as saying that Scott purchased his truck to transport his wife's body to the bay that day. Let's just pretend for a moment that the underlying theory is correct, it's more likely that Scott would just use assets he already owned to carry out this deed, especially larger ones. Buying a boat... with registration and the such, is a bit different then buying a shovel with cash to bury someone - and a Boat like the one Scott purchased, there is just no guarantee that it would do the job they're claiming Scott purchased it to do.

Want to get away with murder.... and you're planning it. Before you kill someone... dig the grave and make it deep... and place the pile of dirt right next to the hole for a quick infill... I mean this boat and weights thing is just all stupid nonsense and a stupid childish theory that an over imaginative police and prosector came up with while daydreaming one day.
JackIsBack

Postby Hipcheck on Wed May 27, 2009 11:10 am

JackIsBack wrote:Really? Amber always had a frown on... and people who are always frowning aren't very good company and aren't very good looking.

Where did and how many times did you see this because I never did?
Hipcheck

PreviousNext

Return to Go on the Record: Is he guilty or innocent?