[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 920: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 920: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3526: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2956)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3528: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2956)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3529: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2956)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3530: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2956)
SII Chat Room • View topic - Scott is Guilty

Scott is Guilty

Please briefly state the reason(s) you think Scott is guilty or innocent, or if you are still on the fence. Other members, DO NOT badger or demean anyone's position on this case. All opinions are valued here. There is plenty of opportunity on the other threads to discuss various opinions and argue against them -- JUST NOT HERE!
Forum rules
No swearing, profanity, or obscene language. If you can't stand to be told you are wrong or illogical or unreasonable, then this is not the place for you because it's absolutley certain that someone is going to think you are wrong or illogical or unreasonable. No one is sacrosanct -- however, harrassing other members will not be tolerated.

Re: Scott is Guilty

Postby marlene on Wed Jun 03, 2009 11:46 pm

Hipcheck wrote:I did not realize this but Angela Ricci did file lawsuits againt the Utha Department of Corrections and the City of Salt Lake.
Utha D.O.C. settled with Angela for $150,000 but the lawsuit against Salt lake City was dismissed by several judges for lack of evidence.

many thanks for the info, Hipcheck. She deserved to get something from somebody.
Imagination was given to us to compensate for what we are not; a sense of humor was given to us to console us for what we are. -Mark McGinnis
marlene
Site Admin

Postby JackIsBack on Thu Jun 04, 2009 3:46 pm

The simple truth is that someone needs to be held accountable for this huge swath of people being wrongfully convicted.

Let's just look at the Scott Peterson case... any objective person can see that there is just not enough evidence against Scott to convict him beyond a reasonable doubt - and I think I'm objective... and I think Hipcheck has been "Graced" by watching too much Nancy. Just looking at the evidence, there is enough reasonable doubt there to drive a tank through.... I mean really... no method of death, no crime scene, no weapon, no physical evidence of murder of any kind... all we have is their made up story and we're not even sure about that... did he take one trip or two?

The problem first starts with sensationalism in reporting. By embellishing true facts... by reporting fictional information as facts, by reporting things they are told off the record by the police when the police are trying to manipulating suspects, witness, or other key individuals in the case.

Then an over zealous prosector gets the case and it becomes a BIG game for them... to win a conviction at all costs. He starts by listening to the police and by making up a story of how it happened... a story that is more marred by his experience then by anything based on the evidence. They then try and write the story to get as much of the physical evidence to fit in it... they write the story to fit the evidence instead of letting the evidence lead them to the truth. They then toss out any evidence that doesn't fit.

Then the jury... who was subjective to this reporting... who watch way too many CSI and Law and Order television shows... and who also feel sympathy for the victim(s), especially if the victims happen to be children or pregnant women get these cases and want justice so bad. They know deep down what they heard in the courtroom isn't enough to convict.... but they really want justice and they figure that the police are always right and that the prosecutor must have some more evidence that they can't see because of some technicality (just like they saw on Law and Order)... and they think... what about the piece of evidence that Nancy reported on.... and then the circle is complete and we get a conviction.

I think we must change the perceived role of prosecutors as well... instead of making it a game on how many convictions they can get... it should be a game on seeking justice... letting an innocent man free is just as valuable as locking the guilty individual or party up.
JackIsBack

Postby marlene on Thu Jun 04, 2009 7:18 pm

Jack,

I believe the recovery locations would be very strong circumstantial evidence against Scott IF there was not so much evidence that contradicted pregnant Laci being put in the Bay on December 24.

1. Conner beyond the debris line -- a well-formed, unbroken, uninterrupted debris line.
2. Conner living beyond Dec 24

I can't come up with a scenario that accounts for these two facts and implicates Scott. If anyone else can, please do so.
Imagination was given to us to compensate for what we are not; a sense of humor was given to us to console us for what we are. -Mark McGinnis
marlene
Site Admin

Postby JackIsBack on Fri Jun 05, 2009 12:21 am

marlene wrote:Jack,

I believe the recovery locations would be very strong circumstantial evidence against Scott IF there was not so much evidence that contradicted pregnant Laci being put in the Bay on December 24.

1. Conner beyond the debris line -- a well-formed, unbroken, uninterrupted debris line.
2. Conner living beyond Dec 24

I can't come up with a scenario that accounts for these two facts and implicates Scott. If anyone else can, please do so.

Actually it's not (strong circumstantial evidence against Scott).... because of the very things you mentioned and a few others.

3) The lack of 111 days of decomposition on Laci.
4) The fact that Scott told them where he was and this was public knowledge - people will always attempt at least one lie to authorities first.
5) Laci's missing head and where it was severed - the body had more damage on it and not consistent with the lack of physical evidence found on Scott... it's not consistent with a soft kill like the prosecutor's theory.
6) The twine around Conner's neck
7) Coffin birth is extremely rare... and the conditions were not ideal for it to occur in this case. So Laci and Conner should be found intact if Scott placed a pregnant Laci in the bay.
JackIsBack

Postby jane on Mon Jun 08, 2009 11:48 am

Hipcheck wrote:
jane wrote:If it was about the money, they certainly would have asked for more than $15,000. This is about holding an irresponsible journalist and the network who supports her to account for their actions. To repeat:

Neither the show nor the producers had a 'right' to lie, trick and deceive a distraught mother," the motion continued. "Grace (an attorney), can be held accountable for intentionally defrauding Melinda and her lawyer by baiting the mother with promises to help find the child, and then switching the purpose of the show.

When you say Nancy Grace convicted many people for crimes--That's probably true. However, many of the ones she has convicted
in the eyes of the public are innocent.

Melinda's parents are looking for a lot more than $15,000. I bet they think they could get millions but I believe they are going to get nothing as Nancy did nothing wrong.

I thought Jenny Jones was going to lose millions in the lawsuit against her where someone was murdered because of her show but she lost nothing. So if she lost nothing then I bet Nancy and CNN lose anything either.

By the way, Hipcheck, whatever happened to Jenny Jones? Does she still have a talk show?
jane

Previous

Return to Go on the Record: Is he guilty or innocent?