[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 920: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 920: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3526: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2956)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3528: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2956)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3529: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2956)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3530: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2956)
SII Chat Room • View topic - Alternative Suspects & Theories

Alternative Suspects & Theories

If not Scott, then who? Make your case for the most likely alternative suspect(s). All opinions are welcome, but do expect your opinions to be challenged. If you cannot handle that, then it's best to keep your opinions to yourself.
Forum rules
No swearing, profanity, or obscene language. If you can't stand to be told you are wrong or illogical or unreasonable, then this is not the place for you because it's absolutley certain that someone is going to think you are wrong or illogical or unreasonable. No one is sacrosanct -- however, harrassing other members will not be tolerated.

Re: Alternative Suspects & Theories

Postby NotGuilty on Fri Jun 19, 2009 1:15 am

The time of the robbery: Todd lied about the time once... was caught in the lie and then told another alternate time... what makes the police think his second attempt is truthful...

I thought Todd was sitting in the back seat of the patrol car when he "mistakenly" said he broke in, (I think he said) the 28th and it was the officer who said, "you mean the 26th." Of course, I could be wrong. It could have been at the police station when the officer told him the date was wrong, didn't he mean he broke in the 26th, thereby giving Todd a way out of a murder charge.
NotGuilty

Postby JackIsBack on Fri Jun 19, 2009 1:44 am

NotGuilty wrote:
The time of the robbery: Todd lied about the time once... was caught in the lie and then told another alternate time... what makes the police think his second attempt is truthful...

I thought Todd was sitting in the back seat of the patrol car when he "mistakenly" said he broke in, (I think he said) the 28th and it was the officer who said, "you mean the 26th." Of course, I could be wrong. It could have been at the police station when the officer told him the date was wrong, didn't he mean he broke in the 26th, thereby giving Todd a way out of a murder charge.

The problem with the date is this.... if I asked you in January what you ate for dinner on the 28th... the chances of you remembering are less likely then if I asked what you ate for Christmas or the day before or after... this is because Christmas is one of those days that most people think about and therefore create an index in their minds for (days on either side are also more memorable). Chances are, you can still tell me what you did or ate for Christmas 2008 six months later. NOW... if you robbed a houses, or did some other rare thing... well that what also be memorable (unless you did it all the time), and if someone one (Laci) happened to be missing from the house across the street and with all the media attention that story was given - it would really make your robbery memorable... chances are you'd remember the date and everything about it.

So with Todd... you have a lot of things happening that would make him remember the date, there is no way he forgot, so the only reasonable explanation is that he lied or deceived the police for a reason and since he admitted to the robbery, I wonder what the real reason is. I'm sure that Todd knows more then he is telling... he is either involved or knows who is.
JackIsBack

Postby NotGuilty on Fri Jun 19, 2009 2:14 am

Okay, here is my theory. Other then the burglars, there are two people who don't have alibis. One is Amber whom I can not believe didn't know at some time that Scott Peterson wasn't married, other then the one time when he told her he lost his wife. You have to remember that Shawn S found out he was married and when she asked Eric if it was true, Eric told her he didn't to get involved, that it was between the two of them. I believe Eric thought Scott was having an affair with Shawn. I don't think Eric knew about Amber. This would give Shawn the idea that Scott lied to her about being single. When she confronted Scott about being married, she told Scott she was going to look into it.
So, every thing tells me that when Scott told her he lost his wife, she looked into it. Remember too that she was told he was married and lived in Modesto, so again she now knows he lied about living in Sacramento. So, now she knows he actually lives in Modesto with his wife whom he claims he lost. It doesn't take a person very long to find that there is no death notice or anything for his wife so may have called Amber, possibly after Scott told Amber that he lost his wife.
Amber is now real ticked and when you consider her other failed affairs with married men who left her to go back to their wives and children, she might have googled for his address in Modesto or looked it up on the yahoo people search, found his address in Modesto and asked her sister to walk that way and see who comes out of the house. Ava reports back that she saw a man and a pregnant woman came out, (possibly the evening when they went to Amy's Salon), and now Amber is good and pissed knowing she is going to lose another man to his wife and child.
So, the night before Laci disappears, Amber goes to a party and drinks too much. All she can think about is how Scott made her look like a fool. After the party, she picks up her daughter and still fuming, she drives down to Modesto and parks where she can see Scott's house but he can't see her and she waits. She watches as Scott and Laci walk out of the house and Scott gets into his truck while Laci puts the leash on the dog. Scott leaves and she watches as Laci walks Mack. She decides she is going to confront Laci so she slowly follows Laci until Laci got into an area where there were no people. She get's out of the car, confronts Laci and maybe she clubbed Laci on the head. She puts Laci in the trunk, (Amber is much stronger then she looks, thanks to the body building workout she had been doing ever since the woman who watched over her got her into it). Either Laci dies while in the trunk and to try to save the baby, she does a crude C-section. Conner would have been very small. My daughter was full term when she had her C-Section and the baby was about the size of a preemie. She hides Laci's body somewhere and maybe Conner lived for a while but later died.
Knowing that Scott had been at the Bay, when she heard there would be no more searches at the Bay, she left the bodies there, Conner's higher up knowing it would be found quickly and Laci's she simply rolled to the bottom. Amber claims she went home and slept in until noon or one o'clock. Since when do you sleep in when you have a two year old?
The other person without an alibi is Ron. He claims after getting his check, he went to the job site to check on it and wish the men a Merry Christmas. First off, as he had stated, everyone was given the rest of the holidays off. I know from experience in the construction business, that workers come from everywhere, including out of State. Those workers would have left the night before Christmas Eve day. Some flying, some driving home, so there weren't any men there for Ron to wish them anything. Then he said on the way home, he decided to go fishing however, he can't prove it with a receipt or a witness. His motive? I think at sometime in her life, when Laci was very young, either Ron or his son molested Laci. As she got older, her mind allowed her to forget what happened, but perhaps some of those memories started to come back and at some point when her and Ron were alone in a room together, she told him she remembered everything and she was going to tell her mother. He might have gone to Scott's house after Scott had left and tried to reason with her. Things got out of control and he killed her. IMO, and to perfectly honest, the man is creepy.
Then of course you have the stranger abduction, possibly a woman who miscarried, saw a very pregnant Laci walking her dog and abducted her. She might have meant to keep Laci alive until she was sure the baby would survive outside of the womb, but with all the media coverage, she couldn't wait any longer so she performed the crude C-Section, not caring if Laci survives or not. Both Laci and the baby might have lived for a while, but when they both died, she dumps their bodies near the Bay or the Albany Bulb.
The above is only my opinion.
NotGuilty

Postby NotGuilty on Fri Jun 19, 2009 2:21 am

So with Todd... you have a lot of things happening that would make him remember the date, there is no way he forgot, so the only reasonable explanation is that he lied or deceived the police for a reason and since he admitted to the robbery, I wonder what the real reason is. I'm sure that Todd knows more then he is telling... he is either involved or knows who is.

I agree, he wouldn't forget. However, he would try to come up with a date so far away from Christmas Eve day, I would lie about being there on the 28th. The officer did something he was never suppose to do. Give an alternate day such as the 26th. With all of things going on Covena Ave., no way would he have attempted a break in. Neighbors would have been more alert for any strange noises. They would have also notice a stranger in their neighborhood who didn't fit in with the media people. He simply wouldn't have taken the chance since he isn't a stranger to breaking the law. I have a feeling most of his run ins with the law have to do with B & E's.
NotGuilty

Postby JackIsBack on Fri Jun 19, 2009 9:31 am

I agree that something doesn't sit right with me regarding Ron - not sure what it is.

I had a girlfriend that was molested by her stepfather when she was younger and you are right... they suppress it and it causes problems later on.

With your two theories and one of my own.... there is one thing that is clear, there is plenty of reasonable alternate explanations and therefore doubt and therefore Scott should not be in prison. If the police never jumped to conclusions and kept an open mine and the case remained open, I bet today we'd know the truth and be sure of it, instead we have this limbo where the real killer my go free.
JackIsBack

Postby Hipcheck on Fri Jun 19, 2009 5:05 pm

NotGuilty wrote:Okay, here is my theory. Other then the burglars, there are two people who don't have alibis. One is Amber whom I can not believe didn't know at some time that Scott Peterson wasn't married, other then the one time when he told her he lost his wife. You have to remember that Shawn S found out he was married and when she asked Eric if it was true, Eric told her he didn't to get involved, that it was between the two of them. I believe Eric thought Scott was having an affair with Shawn. I don't think Eric knew about Amber. This would give Shawn the idea that Scott lied to her about being single. When she confronted Scott about being married, she told Scott she was going to look into it.
So, every thing tells me that when Scott told her he lost his wife, she looked into it. Remember too that she was told he was married and lived in Modesto, so again she now knows he lied about living in Sacramento. So, now she knows he actually lives in Modesto with his wife whom he claims he lost. It doesn't take a person very long to find that there is no death notice or anything for his wife so may have called Amber, possibly after Scott told Amber that he lost his wife.
Amber is now real ticked and when you consider her other failed affairs with married men who left her to go back to their wives and children, she might have googled for his address in Modesto or looked it up on the yahoo people search, found his address in Modesto and asked her sister to walk that way and see who comes out of the house. Ava reports back that she saw a man and a pregnant woman came out, (possibly the evening when they went to Amy's Salon), and now Amber is good and pissed knowing she is going to lose another man to his wife and child.
So, the night before Laci disappears, Amber goes to a party and drinks too much. All she can think about is how Scott made her look like a fool. After the party, she picks up her daughter and still fuming, she drives down to Modesto and parks where she can see Scott's house but he can't see her and she waits. She watches as Scott and Laci walk out of the house and Scott gets into his truck while Laci puts the leash on the dog. Scott leaves and she watches as Laci walks Mack. She decides she is going to confront Laci so she slowly follows Laci until Laci got into an area where there were no people. She get's out of the car, confronts Laci and maybe she clubbed Laci on the head. She puts Laci in the trunk, (Amber is much stronger then she looks, thanks to the body building workout she had been doing ever since the woman who watched over her got her into it). Either Laci dies while in the trunk and to try to save the baby, she does a crude C-section. Conner would have been very small. My daughter was full term when she had her C-Section and the baby was about the size of a preemie. She hides Laci's body somewhere and maybe Conner lived for a while but later died.
Knowing that Scott had been at the Bay, when she heard there would be no more searches at the Bay, she left the bodies there, Conner's higher up knowing it would be found quickly and Laci's she simply rolled to the bottom. Amber claims she went home and slept in until noon or one o'clock. Since when do you sleep in when you have a two year old?
The other person without an alibi is Ron. He claims after getting his check, he went to the job site to check on it and wish the men a Merry Christmas. First off, as he had stated, everyone was given the rest of the holidays off. I know from experience in the construction business, that workers come from everywhere, including out of State. Those workers would have left the night before Christmas Eve day. Some flying, some driving home, so there weren't any men there for Ron to wish them anything. Then he said on the way home, he decided to go fishing however, he can't prove it with a receipt or a witness. His motive? I think at sometime in her life, when Laci was very young, either Ron or his son molested Laci. As she got older, her mind allowed her to forget what happened, but perhaps some of those memories started to come back and at some point when her and Ron were alone in a room together, she told him she remembered everything and she was going to tell her mother. He might have gone to Scott's house after Scott had left and tried to reason with her. Things got out of control and he killed her. IMO, and to perfectly honest, the man is creepy.
Then of course you have the stranger abduction, possibly a woman who miscarried, saw a very pregnant Laci walking her dog and abducted her. She might have meant to keep Laci alive until she was sure the baby would survive outside of the womb, but with all the media coverage, she couldn't wait any longer so she performed the crude C-Section, not caring if Laci survives or not. Both Laci and the baby might have lived for a while, but when they both died, she dumps their bodies near the Bay or the Albany Bulb.
The above is only my opinion.

First of all Amber Frey was cleared by the police when she took and passed a polygraph test. Ever wonder why Scott Peterson refused to take one? You believe Amber Frey could pick up Laci and put her in the trunk of her car yet don't believe that Scott Peterson could have thrown Laci out of his boat. Dr. Brian Peterson said he found no cut marks on Laci so the c-section is not possible.

Ron Grantski said they worked a half day on the 24th of December getting off at noon. So that rules out Ron Grantski as he has an air tight alibi and there is absolutly no evidence that Laci had ever been molested so to keep posting that is disgusting.
Hipcheck

Postby marlene on Fri Jun 19, 2009 8:31 pm

Hipcheck, to say someone is cleared by the MPD doesn't carry much weight with some of us -- as we have absolutely no respect for that investigation. So you are going to have to come up with a better argument to exclude a suspect than that. And, she was not cleared by the entire MPD -- Jacobson had his suspicions for a very long time. Why wasn't he convinced she was uninvolved?

Second, RG's alibi is not airtight. He has huge gaps of time when he's just wherevever -- but the point is, no one else is with him - so no verfication of where he is. And, he did nothing that we know of to verify his alibi -- as far as we know, no one made a call to his boss or the workmen at that site. It's just his word where he was.
Imagination was given to us to compensate for what we are not; a sense of humor was given to us to console us for what we are. -Mark McGinnis
marlene
Site Admin

Postby LACurry on Fri Jul 06, 2012 4:27 pm

I loved how the appeal mentions that this timeline was only that 10 minute window....according to the prosecution. But, there is nothing to say that what happened that day didn't happen at 1, 2, or 3pm. Laci may very well have walked the dog and then the dog got away from her at home or got out somehow while she was in the house changing or resting....and maybe then something happened to her?
LACurry

Postby News247 on Sat Jul 07, 2012 12:17 am

LACurry - I also think it could have happened later. I remember trial discussion about Laci buying the challah bread - I think the store manager testified - so was there a receipt and/or time for that purchase? Something happening to her later in the day would also make sense about her having on different clothes than the black pants and white shirt Scott remembered her having on when he left - she would have had plenty of time to change and out for errands.

I've always wanted to know way more about Ron's son, and why Laci didn't want to go to her mothers with the rest of the Grantski family on Christmas Eve. I always thought it may have had something to do with the son. And, then I remember - wasn't Scott asking people (later when everyone was beginning to look for Laci) if anyone saw a white truck (can't remember the brand or anything) in the neighborhood?

I need to go back and re-read so many of the transcripts! I had really good notes on my computer at that time, but 2 news ones later - managed to not get everything copied over. I'll try to hold off on 'dumb' questions until I have a chance to go back and read :)
News247

Postby LACurry on Sat Jul 07, 2012 1:03 am

News247 wrote:LACurry - I also think it could have happened later. I remember trial discussion about Laci buying the challah bread - I think the store manager testified - so was there a receipt and/or time for that purchase? Something happening to her later in the day would also make sense about her having on different clothes than the black pants and white shirt Scott remembered her having on when he left - she would have had plenty of time to change and out for errands.

I've always wanted to know way more about Ron's son, and why Laci didn't want to go to her mothers with the rest of the Grantski family on Christmas Eve. I always thought it may have had something to do with the son. And, then I remember - wasn't Scott asking people (later when everyone was beginning to look for Laci) if anyone saw a white truck (can't remember the brand or anything) in the neighborhood?

I need to go back and re-read so many of the transcripts! I had really good notes on my computer at that time, but 2 news ones later - managed to not get everything copied over. I'll try to hold off on 'dumb' questions until I have a chance to go back and read :)

I guess I'm not very informed, was Ron's son the one who made it difficult for Laci to answer to Sharon promptly as to whether they were coming to Christmas Eve? I need to find some info on this son.

I always thought the reason Laci didn't answer Sharon as to if they were coming over was because Scott indeed told her about the affair and she was ticked and didn't want to ruin Christmas.
LACurry

PreviousNext

Return to Other Suspects