[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 920: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 920: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3526: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2956)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3528: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2956)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3529: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2956)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3530: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2956)
SII Chat Room • View topic - Catherine Crier's New Job

Catherine Crier's New Job

Post news items as they appear, or old ones that you want to continue to discuss, including the dismissal of the Civil Tiral. You can also discuss what is going on at other places on the internet, such as the Peterson blog, other blogs or forums, etc.
Forum rules
No swearing, profanity, or obscene language. If you can't stand to be told you are wrong or illogical or unreasonable, then this is not the place for you because it's absolutley certain that someone is going to think you are wrong or illogical or unreasonable. No one is sacrosanct -- however, harrassing other members will not be tolerated.

Re: Catherine Crier's New Job

Postby JackIsBack on Thu Jun 11, 2009 3:07 pm

Lsmith510 wrote:I know Jack.....over and over and over again - he talked to them....and what he told them never changed. Everything he told them checked out to be true - even when they thought he must be lying. I was disgusted when one of the MPD interviewees in the Deadly Game said he lied even when he didn't have to. B.S.

I couldn't care less that he lied to Amber Frey. Although I think he should have told the truth about Amber to the police that first night - I totally understand why he didn't - and can't say that I wouldn't have done the same thing Scott did. It's not easy to admit to having an affair.

Exactly.... In Detective Brocchini's January 21, 2003 report he devotes three paragraphs to Scott's inconsistencies.... he only mentions two inconsistencies and one of them was the Martha Stewart meringue segment on December 24th.... well we all now how that inconsistency turned out... the prosector had to apologize to the jury because Scott was 100% correct and the police (Detective Brocchini) was wrong and proven wrong in court. So that leaves Detective Brocchini with ONE inconsistency in all his dealings with Scott (including numerous interviews lasting hours and many more casual conversations).

We know Scott lied about Amber.... but I would too... any guy would. He lied to cover up his affair and NOT to cover up anything to do with Laci or NOT to hinder the investigation, he thought the two events had nothing to do with each other.
JackIsBack

Postby marlene on Thu Jun 11, 2009 4:18 pm

Lsmith510 wrote:
JackIsBack wrote:
Lsmith510 wrote:I about fell out of my chair at Brocchini's Deadly Game "version" of his conversation with Scott that first night regarding counseling. He totally twisted the conversation to make it look like Scott knew Laci wasn't coming home. Scott was obviously concerned about the way Sharon was freaking out - and trying to get her some help - and Brocchini claimed he pointed out to Scott that if Laci came home in the next couple of days that they wouldn't need counseling - and then went on to say as if Scott knew she wasn't coming home. In truth - Scott told Brocchini that they wouldn't need the counseling if Laci came home. What a snake!

Yes... I agree, I read it again today and that is a statement made by a man that has no idea where his wife is... no one is that good... not one lie.

I know Jack.....over and over and over again - he talked to them....and what he told them never changed. Everything he told them checked out to be true - even when they thought he must be lying. I was disgusted when one of the MPD interviewees in the Deadly Game said he lied even when he didn't have to. B.S.
I couldn't care less that he lied to Amber Frey. Although I think he should have told the truth about Amber to the police that first night - I totally understand why he didn't - and can't say that I wouldn't have done the same thing Scott did. It's not easy to admit to having an affair.

Lsmith, I think the lying when no need to lie refers to Scott telling family members and friends on Jan 11 that he was somewhere that he obviously was not. A lot of people make a big deal of "he even lied to his mother."

One explanation for those lies is he believed his calls were being taped by the media -- and I think it was pretty well admitted by the undercover agents following him that he would not have known they were undercover, and logically he assumed they were media. So, once he knows the "media" are following him, he would not want to trust the privacy of phone conversations -- and his parents phones would also be likely targets for any illegal interception.

But I think that there might be something more at stake here. Two of the people he "lied" to were Mike and Heather Richardson. At this time, they are supposed to be best friends, but we know that at least Heather Richardson publicly acknowledge that she seriously questioned Scott's innocence. Maybe he sensed that, and he didn't want to tell them where he was or to tell anyone else that may end of telling them.

Same might be true to Guy Miligi - Scott may just simply have not known who he could still trust at that point. Even though people were publicly saying they still supported him, he may have picked up on undercurrents of suspicion. If he told these friends where he was, and the media found him again, he might always wonder if these friends had anything to do with it.

The other non-family person he talked to was Rob Weaver, his employee. Same premise as above, he simply may not have trusted Weaver enough to confide his whereabouts.

But, if the lying was inconsequential (he didn't need to), why did they make such a big deal of it?
Imagination was given to us to compensate for what we are not; a sense of humor was given to us to console us for what we are. -Mark McGinnis
marlene
Site Admin

Postby Lsmith510 on Thu Jun 11, 2009 4:29 pm

marlene wrote:
Lsmith510 wrote:
JackIsBack wrote:
Lsmith510 wrote:I about fell out of my chair at Brocchini's Deadly Game "version" of his conversation with Scott that first night regarding counseling. He totally twisted the conversation to make it look like Scott knew Laci wasn't coming home. Scott was obviously concerned about the way Sharon was freaking out - and trying to get her some help - and Brocchini claimed he pointed out to Scott that if Laci came home in the next couple of days that they wouldn't need counseling - and then went on to say as if Scott knew she wasn't coming home. In truth - Scott told Brocchini that they wouldn't need the counseling if Laci came home. What a snake!

Yes... I agree, I read it again today and that is a statement made by a man that has no idea where his wife is... no one is that good... not one lie.

I know Jack.....over and over and over again - he talked to them....and what he told them never changed. Everything he told them checked out to be true - even when they thought he must be lying. I was disgusted when one of the MPD interviewees in the Deadly Game said he lied even when he didn't have to. B.S.

Lsmith, I think the lying when no need to lie refers to Scott telling family members and friends on Jan 11 that he was somewhere that he obviously was not. A lot of people make a big deal of "he even lied to his mother."

One explanation for those lies is he believed his calls were being taped by the media -- and I think it was pretty well admitted by the undercover agents following him that he would not have known they were undercover, and logically he assumed they were media. So, once he knows the "media" are following him, he would not want to trust the privacy of phone conversations -- and his parents phones would also be likely targets for any illegal interception.

But I think that there might be something more at stake here. Two of the people he "lied" to were Mike and Heather Richardson. At this time, they are supposed to be best friends, but we know that at least Heather Richardson publicly acknowledge that she seriously questioned Scott's innocence. Maybe he sensed that, and he didn't want to tell them where he was or to tell anyone else that may end of telling them.

Same might be true to Guy Miligi - Scott may just simply have not known who he could still trust at that point. Even though people were publicly saying they still supported him, he may have picked up on undercurrents of suspicion. If he told these friends where he was, and the media found him again, he might always wonder if these friends had anything to do with it.

The other non-family person he talked to was Rob Weaver, his employee. Same premise as above, he simply may not have trusted Weaver enough to confide his whereabouts.

But, if the lying was inconsequential (he didn't need to), why did they make such a big deal of it?

I agree - it's very possible they were referring to the Jan. 11th fiasco. The part I take issue with is "when he didn't need to". As you pointed out - there is more than one possible reason why he lied that day.

And either those members of the MPD are just plain stupid - if they couldn't figure that out - or they are liars themselves.
Lsmith510

Postby marlene on Thu Jun 11, 2009 4:47 pm

Lsmith510 wrote:
marlene wrote:
Lsmith510 wrote:
JackIsBack wrote:

I agree - it's very possible they were referring to the Jan. 11th fiasco. The part I take issue with is "when he didn't need to". As you pointed out - there is more than one possible reason why he lied that day.

And either those members of the MPD are just plain stupid - if they couldn't figure that out - or they are liars themselves.

Are "plain stupid" and "liars" mutually exclusive -- can they be "plain stupid liars." :o :mrgreen:
Imagination was given to us to compensate for what we are not; a sense of humor was given to us to console us for what we are. -Mark McGinnis
marlene
Site Admin

Postby Lsmith510 on Thu Jun 11, 2009 5:48 pm

marlene wrote:
Lsmith510 wrote:
marlene wrote:
Lsmith510 wrote:
JackIsBack wrote:

Are "plain stupid" and "liars" mutually exclusive -- can they be "plain stupid liars." :o :mrgreen:

:mrgreen: Absolutely!! And likely the case! :lol:
Lsmith510

Postby JackIsBack on Thu Jun 11, 2009 10:20 pm

The police were simply trying to paint Scott in the worst possible light... no matter what he did or didn't do, they would pick up on it and exploit it. If Scott lied to his mother about finishing his peas at dinner.... they'd use that as "he's a pathological liar, look, he even lies to his own mother". If he told Amber that she looks nice in her outfit.... "there he goes again, lying to everyone... even those he supposedly cares about".

The sad thing is that after January 16th, the only person actively looking for Laci was Scott, everyone else (excluding Scott's family) was looking at Scott and trying to trip him up... and NO one did. Scott had every reason to be suspicions of everyone... I mean there were shock jocks yelling with blow horns outside Scott's house early in the morning. Everyone he knew was contacted by the police and told bold face lies about him... how much can a man take?
JackIsBack

Postby 415guysf on Wed Jun 27, 2012 12:54 am

Sorry But I don't think it was an insult..

Hipcheck wrote:
JackIsBack wrote:Yes... that doesn't even make sense Hipcheck... I mean, I listen to you, but nothing you say makes sense.

That insult was totally uncalled for. I may disagree with you but you won't see me throwing insults your way.
415guysf

Postby jane on Mon Jul 09, 2012 6:25 pm

Abby wrote:
Lsmith510 wrote:Anyone see Catherine Crier's television show - The Deadly Game - based on the book. Interviews with Brocchini (MPD), Buehler (MPD), Roy Wasden (MPD)..............it's pretty obvious who leaked the discovery to Crier.

Brocchini is the star of the show. Hemming and uhhing through his dialogue. It's probably the most offensive of the productions. His track record and personality make him my number one suspect in the leak.

LSmith, it's obvious even 3 years later who leaked the discovery to Crier. Brocchini was the star of the show.
jane

Postby Lowflyin_Lolana on Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:19 pm

Hipcheck wrote:
marlene wrote:Hipcheck, do you also think all those "leaks" during juror deliberations were from Geragos? The ones that supported the headlines, "What the Jurors didn't hear." Those were documents from the discovery.

I don't remember the leaks during deliberations but I'm sure they didn't come from Geragos. The documents Crier got could have also come from Dalton but I kind of doubt that also.

How could they have come from Dalton? How would he get them? He wasn't working on the case by then. He had tried to get the case away from Geragos and after that, I'm sure Geragos wasn't going to give Dalton any access.

I don't know that Dalton didn't leak anything; but he wouldn't have had all that material that Crier had.

And all the untrue stuff leaked about blood evidence and life insurance and vomit on the mop.....I don't think Scott even had a lawyer yet.
Definitely didn't come from the defense.
Lowflyin_Lolana

Previous

Return to In the News