[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 920: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 920: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3526: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2956)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3528: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2956)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3529: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2956)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3530: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2956)
SII Chat Room • View topic - Catherine Crier's New Job

Catherine Crier's New Job

Post news items as they appear, or old ones that you want to continue to discuss, including the dismissal of the Civil Tiral. You can also discuss what is going on at other places on the internet, such as the Peterson blog, other blogs or forums, etc.
Forum rules
No swearing, profanity, or obscene language. If you can't stand to be told you are wrong or illogical or unreasonable, then this is not the place for you because it's absolutley certain that someone is going to think you are wrong or illogical or unreasonable. No one is sacrosanct -- however, harrassing other members will not be tolerated.

Catherine Crier's New Job

Postby jane on Mon Jun 08, 2009 11:56 am

How long has it been since Catherine Crier lost her job at CTV? None of the other networks have been pursuing her. Perhaps they don't want to deal with the baggage she carries around from her illegal access to the discovery from the Peterson case.

Here's one thing she has found to do. She's doing an informercial for Victoria Principal's skin care products:

2008) Co-hostess, with Victoria Principal, of an infomercial for the "Principal Secret Reclaim" skin care system. Also appearing are Sherri Saum and 'Asia Benton'.
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0187822/bio
jane

Re: Catherine Crier's New Job

Postby marlene on Mon Jun 08, 2009 12:32 pm

I don't think getting the discovery would in any way affect her getting another job with a news organization -- I asked a couple of reporters why their agencies didn't sue for access based on Crier getting access, and they all told me the same thing -- they don't want to rock the boat because they wish it had been THEM that had gotten the discovery - so they didn't want to alienate sources of leaked information.
Imagination was given to us to compensate for what we are not; a sense of humor was given to us to console us for what we are. -Mark McGinnis
marlene
Site Admin

Postby jane on Mon Jun 08, 2009 12:57 pm

marlene wrote:I don't think getting the discovery would in any way affect her getting another job with a news organization -- I asked a couple of reporters why their agencies didn't sue for access based on Crier getting access, and they all told me the same thing -- they don't want to rock the boat because they wish it had been THEM that had gotten the discovery - so they didn't want to alienate sources of leaked information.

Marlene, why do you think she has not found a job with any other network?
jane

Postby marlene on Mon Jun 08, 2009 1:27 pm

jane wrote:
marlene wrote:I don't think getting the discovery would in any way affect her getting another job with a news organization -- I asked a couple of reporters why their agencies didn't sue for access based on Crier getting access, and they all told me the same thing -- they don't want to rock the boat because they wish it had been THEM that had gotten the discovery - so they didn't want to alienate sources of leaked information.

Marlene, why do you think she has not found a job with any other network?

maybe because she was too blatant about it -- waving the autopsy report in Baden's face and refusing to let him see it doesn't exactly win the gratitude of hosts that appear on your show.
Imagination was given to us to compensate for what we are not; a sense of humor was given to us to console us for what we are. -Mark McGinnis
marlene
Site Admin

Postby JackIsBack on Mon Jun 08, 2009 4:55 pm

Anyone read her book on Scott.... does she have anything to move us?
JackIsBack

Postby jane on Mon Jun 08, 2009 7:35 pm

Catherine Crier may be the person most responsible for the pervasive "Scott is Guilty" attitude held by the public. Nancy Grace is a close second.

Crier had access to 30,000 pages of discovery material while the trial was in progress (probably given to her by a member of MPD). On her daily Court TV show, she used this information (a lot of it gossip) and her personal belief that Scott was Guilty to influence public opinion. Court TV was the primary source for information about the trial.

Then, immediately after Scott was sentenced, Crier published her book "A Deadly Game," a very one sided Guilty view of Scott Peterson. She made a profit from illegally obtained material.

Why isn't she in jail?
jane

Postby Hipcheck on Mon Jun 08, 2009 9:19 pm

I believe there were only a few people who had access to all that material who could have given it to Crier. The prosecutors are one group who had access to all of this but I don't believe they gave any thing to Crier. The defense also had access to all this and I believe Geragos was the one who gave these documents to Crier.
Hipcheck

Postby marlene on Mon Jun 08, 2009 9:37 pm

Hipcheck wrote:I believe there were only a few people who had access to all that material who could have given it to Crier. The prosecutors are one group who had access to all of this but I don't believe they gave any thing to Crier. The defense also had access to all this and I believe Geragos was the one who gave these documents to Crier.

Why would Geragos give the discovery to a decidely anti-Scott reporter? That doesn't pass the giggle test.
marlene
Site Admin

Postby JackIsBack on Tue Jun 09, 2009 1:39 am

marlene wrote:
Hipcheck wrote:I believe there were only a few people who had access to all that material who could have given it to Crier. The prosecutors are one group who had access to all of this but I don't believe they gave any thing to Crier. The defense also had access to all this and I believe Geragos was the one who gave these documents to Crier.

Why would Geragos give the discovery to a decidely anti-Scott reporter? That doesn't pass the giggle test.

Yes... that doesn't even make sense Hipcheck... I mean, I listen to you, but nothing you say makes sense.
JackIsBack

Postby JackIsBack on Tue Jun 09, 2009 11:20 am

One more point Hipcheck.... so what you're saying is that Scott's lawyers' weren't looking out for his best interests and somehow trying to screw him (because he's guilty of course) or they were simply incompetent ... well either way, I wonder if this incompetence (or screwing) continued into the courtroom because if it did, that would be grounds for a successful appeal. Scratch that.... it doesn't matter if it made it to the courtroom or not... if Scott can prove that his lawyer did this... then it would be grounds for setting aside the verdict and granting a new trial.

It would be grounds for a new trial if any officer of the court did this...
JackIsBack

Next

Return to In the News